Check out our incredible selection! Our Menus
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. In most cannabis strains, THC is the most abundant cannabinoid, and CBD is the next most prevalent. Since it doesn’t have any intoxicating effects, many people use CBD products or strains that are high in CBD throughout the day. CBD is legal almost everywhere since it doesn’t have psychoactive effects, and has even been included in some pharmaceutical drugs.
How Does CBD Work?
The scientific research community has already identified over ten ways in which CBD interacts with the brain and body. Most notably, cannabidiol interacts with the body’s endogenous cannabinoid (or endocannabinoid) system. It binds itself to cannabinoid receptors as an inverse agonist, as opposed to THC, which is an agonist.
Beyond these bonds with the endocannabinoid system, it can have an effect on serotonin receptors in the brain. It’s also thought to change the way drugs are metabolized in the liver. The various interactions between CBD and the body have made it extremely popular in the health and wellness community.
Effects of CBD vs. THC
When consumed with THC, CBD is thought to help offset some of the less sought after effects of THC, especially paranoia. Like THC, CBD is non-toxic, and even extremely high doses of it have few if any known side effects outside of making a person tired. People have used CBD to address a whole array of different medical issues, including all of the following:
- Seizures – This is one of the best-known benefits of CBD. People have had success minimizing their seizures with cannabidiol even after other remedies and pharmaceutical medications have failed them.
- Anxiety – CBD’s interaction with serotonin receptors is thought to be responsible for the way this cannabinoid helps many people deal with anxiety and depression. People have turned to CBD for everything from PTSD to everyday stress at work.
- Pain and Inflammation – Lots of people from athletes to the elderly look to CBD as they address pain. It’s common for arthritis patients who have inflammation or discomfort in their joints. Consider CBD next time you need to deal with aches and pains after an especially hard workout.
- Insomnia and Other Sleep Problems – Since medium to large amounts of CBD can cause sleepiness, this makes it an appealing natural remedy to sleeping problems. Many people report that CBD before bedtime can help them calm down and fall asleep faster.
- Addiction and Withdrawal – People have included CBD in their plans to address addiction to a wide variety of substances like opioids, cocaine, psychostimulants, and tobacco.
Find the Best CBD Products in Denver
At The Lodge, we are proud to offer products with either THC, CBD, or both. Stop by either of our locations in Barnum or the RiNo district, where our experienced budtenders will help you consider all the options on our dispensary menu. We always strive to provide the highest quality of customer service, along with the best deals. Every member of our friendly staff has excellent product knowledge, so they can help you identify the right product for your CBD needs.